Chinese Community
Investment Book


Ajman Free Zone, UAE
Developed & Managed by:
Gulf Chinese Trading Corporation
Hotline for Leasing
Mr. Hu: 056 282 2692
(WeChat ID: marshuyi)    
(WeChat ID: jimmy-yyc) 
Miss Du: 055-9971617    
(WeChat ID: yuanyuan20120123)
Amir: 056-7054320



Dubai Q&A

Current position: China Mall > Chinese Community > Dubai Q&A
Can I drive a car?
Both men and women are permitted to drive in UAE. Both locum and permanent employees should get international driving permits (IDP) before they leave for the UAE. (The cost for an IDP is approximately C$25 through the Canadian Automobile Association, and US$15 through the American Automobile Association.) Locum employees can only drive in UAE if they have an IDP. If you are in the UAE on an employment or dependent visa, you can drive in UAE on your IDP until you receive your residency visa, which can take several weeks. Once you receive this, you will need to apply for a UAE driver's license. To apply for a UAE driver's license, you will also need to present your original driver's license that is issued from the same country as your citizenship; make sure you bring your original driver's license with you as well as several copies of your license. Without it, you will not be able to easily obtain a UAE license — in fact, without it, you may not be able to obtain one at all. Please note, Canadian and American citizens do not need to take a driving test to obtain a UAE driver's license.

Click to read more